Friday, January 31, 2014

Relating Art to English

I chose to base my blog off of my AP Art concentration to help build my portfolio. My blog has helped both in Art and in English because I am able to use what I learn in both classes. I can write about what facial expressions mean in society and in the art world. I can also connect the meanings of colors that are represented in paintings. Not only because a color wheel says that purple and orange are complementary colors, but also because of the meaning of understanding that red represent anger, passion, and love. Colors are based off of feelings. Feelings that are shown through facial expressions. Also, discovering the human brain and its connections to emotions has helped me improve on my drawings skills. Learning of the importance of someone's glare or how our eyebrows make a V shape when we are angry, has helped me concentrate more on the little details in the human face when drawing a portrait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment