Friday, April 4, 2014

Strokes



As we all know, strokes affect multiple parts of the human body. One that many people don't usually consider is the person’s facial expression after having a stroke. A minor stroke usually does not cause harm, but a much stronger stroke can affect the Cerebellum, right, and left sides of the brain. If these areas are affected, the person can lose their memory and loss of muscle movement and speech. When you have a stroke and the right side of the cerebellum is affected, it could pretty much leave your face deformed. Why? Well, since your muscles aren't responding well, you lose movement. This could be a losing the movement of your lip or eyes. 

 Apart from losing movement, a stroke can also cause memory loss or face and leg pain. A person should not ignore the sighs of a stroke; this could save your life. In my family only one of my members has suffered from a stroke. I believe it was one of my aunts from my mom’s side of the family. I think that this could run in your family and can happen to other members in your family of other generations. Fingers crossed this won't happen to me. Eventually we will all dye of something but I hope that I do not dye from a stroke that would be super scary! 






















  

1 comment:

  1. F.A.S.T. I would have never known about the steps to tell when someones going through a stroke. My grandma recently had a stroke a few years back, it was a scary thing, she had to get her balance back and re-learn how to walk, strokes are scary things. Hopefully you'll never need this guide Xochitl!

    ReplyDelete