Thursday, March 13, 2014

SSR: Caricature




    


   A caricature is a cartoon drawing that exaggerates on the person’s features. This picture is a caricature of Will Smith. Since he has big ears and a big smile, the caricature will exaggerate those features. No one truly knows who the first person to invent this type of art. Some critics say that it might have been Picasso since he did do a lot of weird art work.  You can find this type of art work being done at festivals and carnivals. Many people will just sit and wait for people to come by so they can draw them. I have never done this but I think that it would be a fun thing to do. Also I could get paid for selling my work. The average price for a caricature drawing is about $40. Caricatures are not always drawings or paintings; they can also be done through photo shop.  There are some events where you can compete in for the best drawing and stuff. A lot of people like to get caricature drawings of their babies or young kids. My cousin has one of his son but I don’t really think it looks like him. Many artists have done caricature art work of famous people. Like this one of Will Smith. This is probably my favorite because he looks funny. I guess the point is to make people laugh instead of having some super deep meaning like other art.  That is another reason for why I like caricature because you don’t even have to try and guess what the artist’s message is, you just laugh and that is that.  Also you don’t have to explain anything you just let it speak for its self. I hope to someday do a caricature drawing of someone I feel that it would be something fun to do.


4 comments:

  1. Caricatures are funny, I've always wanted to get one of myself just to see what it would look like. One year at a carnival two of my friends got one of the two of them, i don't really remember if they looked good or not, all I really remember is the heads being really big. I like caricatures the best when despite the exaggerated features, you can still tell who it is like the one you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them too! Hey you should let me do one of you! I'll make your head extra big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you make a caricature drawing you should post a picture of it. If you would draw one, who would be your model? Do you know anyone that does those drawings? How much would you sell your work for?
    Berenice S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who I would draw but I will post it on my blog. I don't actually sell any thing that I draw so I have no idea what the prices would be.

      Delete